|Private Duty Hiring Procedures
Private Duty Rates Have Increased Effective July 1, 2022 - See Below
To hire an officer for a private security or traffic control detail, please:
- Complete the required Private Duty Request
- After filling in all applicable fields, save a copy of the form to retain.
- Attach the file to an e-mail and send completed form to PD_Records@NewLondonCT.org
If you require an Officer for the next business day or an imeediate emergency situation and are making the request after 3 PM or on a weekend, please contact the Shift Commander at 860-447-5281.
Jobs are hired to officers the day before the job takes place, generally at 1:30 PM. Please ensure that requests for the next day are made as early as possible for the best chance to fill the job.
Example: A job for Tuesday is hired on Monday at 1:30 PM. Jobs for Mondays, however are hired on the previous Friday.
- Apart from extenuating circumstances, all requests for private duty police officers are to be made as soon as possible prior to the date of the event. Last minute requests or requests made on the day of the job are not likely to be filled.
- The rate for hiring an officer with a marked police car is greater than hiring an officer without a vehicle. Most traffic control jobs require the use of a police vehicle with emergency warning lights.
- First time vendors or vendors with prior payment issues may be required to pay in advance.
For questions regarding traffic laws, road closures, restrictions, etc. please contact the Traffic Officer at (860) 447- 5280.
Effective July 1, 2022, the billing rates for police private duty is as follows:
|Number of Officers
|| Number of Hours
Admin. Fee (30%)
| 1 Officer
| 1 Officer
- Hours in excess of four (4) and up to eight (8) will be billed as eight (8) hours.
- Hours in excess of eight (8), will be billed at $100.00 per hour plus a 30% administrative fee and any applicable taxes.
- Should your job require the use of a New London Police Department vehicle, the cost will be an additional $75.00 per hour plus any applicable taxes.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact the New London Police Department Records Division at (860) 447-5282.
Sergeant Matthew Cassiere - Records Division Supervisor